Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Trainer Tuesdays: What is a Good, Health & Fitness Related Gift I could get for a Loved One this Year?



Trainer Tuesdays

Welcome back to the weekly edition on Trainer Tuesdays. Make sure to check in at our blog every Tuesday evening to learn the expertise of our great staff. Aside from being fantastic exercise coaches, they are also extremely knowledgeable in many aspects of health and fitness; so, it's time that you get to know them a little better! Each week, we will post a frequently asked, or sometimes just a fun fitness related question followed by the answers of each of the trainers at Fitness Together Brecksville.

What is a Good, Health & Fitness Related Gift I could get for a Loved One this Year?

http://www.fitnesstogether.com/brecksville

Lisa Clark: With the holidays coming up a lot of people are giving thought to gift ideas for loved ones. What better gift than the gift of health and fitness! One of my personal favorite gifts I have received is the Garmin Vivosmart fitness tracker. As active as I am most days, there are always those "lazy" days where I find I am unmotivated. My fitness tracker is a good reminder for me to at least get up and walk! At the end of the day if I am short on steps I will often grab my husband and 2 dogs and go for a nice long walk to get in those extra steps! In addition to counting my steps I love that it is connected with My Fitness Pal calorie counter. The two together work great to keep me accountable for not only my fitness, but my diet as well!! Happy Holidays!

Kerry Fairchild: With Christmas fast approaching, I am always racking my brain for creative, thoughtful gifts for those I love.  Gifts that concentrate on getting fit/staying fit.  Coming from a competitive, athletic family, I have given gifts such as race registration gift certificates, 6-week spin class packages, personal training sessions, a baseball clinic membership, road bike tune-up certificate, a decent pedometer, running sunglasses, swimming lap-counter, reflective clothing, warm gear, and cold gear.  I have given healthy cook books, food/exercise journals, subscriptions to magazines that promote health and wellness, and this year, gift certificates for deep tissue massages.  Whatever your budget is and whomever you are buying for, it is not difficult to show them how much you care by giving something that takes care of them, body, mind and soul.

fitnesstogetherbrecksville.net

Steven Madden: A good health and fitness gift to give to a loved one this year could be any number of the fitness trackers on the market.  The Fitbit, Nike Fuel Band, the new Microsoft band and any others would be great for someone either starting into fitness or an aficionado looking to take their performance to the next level.  If those are too pricy, a good resistance band will go a long way, plus they travel really well.  For versatility, one kettle-bell at a mid level weight will open up a lot of exercise options.  Lastly, simply deciding you are going to go for a walk with someone three times a week or so, might be the best.  It's relatively inexpensive and it give you an opportunity to spend time with someone you love throughout the whole year.

Bronson Rotaru: New workout clothes always make me want to work out! Nobody likes to wear old clothes

© 2014 Fitness Together, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Fusionbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment