Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Trainer Tuesdays: What are Some Healthy Snacks for my Super Bowl Party?


Trainer Tuesdays

Welcome back to the weekly edition on Trainer Tuesdays. Make sure to check in at our blog every Tuesday evening to learn the expertise of our great staff. Aside from being fantastic exercise coaches, they are also extremely knowledgeable in many aspects of health and fitness; so, it's time that you get to know them a little better! Each week, we will post a frequently asked, or sometimes just a fun fitness related question followed by the answers of each of the trainers at Fitness Together Brecksville.

What Are Some Healthy Snacks For My Super Bowl Party?
http://fitnesstogetherbrecksville.net



So when it comes to the Super Bowl, everyone associates unhealthy snacks with watching the game. Well it doesn't have to be that way. You can still enjoy the biggest game of the year and have good, healthy snacks that everyone will like. First, instead of serving those fatty dips, try a substitute like hummus, homemade guacamole or low fat plain Greek Yogurt with a little seasoning for dip flavoring. Second, instead of those horrible white tortilla chips, try organic whole-wheat tortilla chips. Third, instead of those greasy finger foods try for some fresh cut vegetables like peppers, cucumbers, celery, little cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower or even some carrots. Instead of ordering wings make your own barbecue or buffalo wings---this way you can control how much sauce is put on them. If you have to have pizza at your party, try to order pizzas that aren't loaded up. Keep it simple with cheese or maybe even vegetarian style pizza. You can never go wrong with vegetables. When having drinks, go light beer or a glass of wine is fine. But have other choices that are healthy such as bottles of plain water or organic fruit juice of any flavor you like. Lastly, enjoy the big game with family and friends.

It’s usually more about how much you eat than what you eat. If you are eating all day 5,000 calories of healthy snacks is still 5,000 calories. I'm the last guy in the world to ask about eating healthy for the super bowl. To me the super bowl is just like a religious holiday. My routine consists of going to breakfast at 7:30 am so I am home in time to start watching pregame at 9. From the moment pregame comes on, myself and a few friends generally eat and drink all the way until the game is over.
The week leading up to the game, my diet is perfect and I will be sure to work out at least 4 times that week. No large meals, no happy hour, no going out to eat, NO EXCUSES. I don't care what my friends are doing. I don't care if my house catches fire. I don't care if the devil himself comes to me and says I will take your soul if you don't eat Chinese food with your co-workers at lunch. My diet is perfect the week leading up to the super bowl, and I will work out at least 4 times that week.

 © 2014 Fitness Together, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Fusionbox.
About | Contact | Franchise | Suppliers | History | Leadership | Nutrition Together |Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Linkedin

No comments:

Post a Comment