Tuesday, July 28, 2015

How do you, as a trainer keep up on the latest studies and information?



Trainer Tuesdays

Welcome back to the weekly edition on Trainer Tuesdays. Make sure to check in at our blog every Tuesday evening to learn the expertise of our great staff. Aside from being fantastic exercise coaches, they are also extremely knowledgeable in many aspects of health and fitness; so, it's time that you get to know them a little better! Each week, we will post a frequently asked, or sometimes just a fun fitness related question followed by the answers of each of the trainers at Fitness Together Brecksville.


How do you, as a trainer keep up on the latest studies and information?


 
www.bestpersonaltrainerincleveland.com
The Best Personal Trainers in Cleveland, your friendly and professional staff at Fitness Together Brecksville!


www.fitnesstogether.com/brecksville
Fitness Together personal trainer Maria Kolodziej
Maria Kolodziej: I stay up to date on the latest studies and information in the form of continuing education units (CEU's) though the National Council of Certified Personal Trainers. To maintain my personal trainer certificate, I have to seek out articles, videos and studies related to the field. This is a wonderful way to stay current and I enjoy learning while I earn my CEU's.


Justin Traft: So, many of you may wonder how we all keep up on the latest information. Well I for one am always reading articles and writings all the time. Not only to help stay informed of what's new and hot trends but for my own wellness and personal fitness goals. The range varies always from routines to nutrition to studies done by universities to doctors’ research to other well known trainers and their thoughts on a certain topic. To me, knowledge is something that can never can get old. Especially when it comes to training. The more you know and study the more valuable you are as a trainer and the more successful you can help your clients become in their wellness journeys.


www.fitnesstogether.com/brecksville/trx
Personal Trainer Adam Teplitz working with a client on TRX
Adam Teplitz:  The fitness world is an ever changing one. There are new trends making the rounds on a day to day basis. As a trainer, I make it my priority to educate myself on everything and anything fitness related. Dr. Layne Norton and Dr. Fred Hatfield are two well respected figures in the fitness world that I follow. I've read numerous books by Dr. Hatfield, including 'fitness training and nutrition' and 'Power: A scientific approach.' In addition to this, I frequent bodybuilding.com, t-nation.com, and muscleandfitbess.com. I am extremely passionate about fitness and am always looking to expand my knowledge.


 
Kelly Bailey: Similar to other professions, it is important for trainers to keep up with the latest information in health and fitness. There is a wealth of searchable information online, but much of it has to be taken with a grain of salt. There is as much bad (or outdated) information as there is good information. The best articles are peer-reviewed studies, though I admit they can be cumbersome and boring to read. In the least, I expect that someone writing an article will cite references for the information they give. My favorite places to keep up with the latest information are Google Scholar (searchable peer-reviewed articles), the Journal of Exercise Science and Fitness, and the IDEA Health and Fitness Association.


Taylor Burns: As a trainer I have been looking up at least 2-3 articles or studies a week to keep up on the latest information. I also use social media and follow a lot of fitness people in the industry to pick up any information that I can. I think it is super important to keep evolving as a trainer because every single client that walks through the door is different. It is our job to help you reach your goals even if you have restrictions. However having restrictions shouldn’t turn you away from wanting to be active because we can help you figure out other ways for you to reach your goal! 


© 2015 Fitness Together, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Fusionbox.

1 comment:

  1. How can I lose weight when I am not exercising that is why i feel that I need to and now I am trying hard to be fit.
    Fitness training Portland

    ReplyDelete