Tuesday, March 1, 2016

What is Unique about Your Personal Training Style?

Trainer Tuesdays

Welcome back to the weekly edition on Trainer Tuesdays. Make sure to check in at our blog every Tuesday evening to learn the expertise of our great staff. Aside from being fantastic exercise coaches, they are also extremely knowledgeable in many aspects of health and fitness; so, it's time that you get to know them a little better! Each week, we will post a frequently asked, or sometimes just a fun fitness related question followed by the answers of each of the trainers at Fitness Together Brecksville.


What is Unique About Your Personal Training Style?
  





Justin Traft: What's is unique about my training style? Well I have to first say I wouldn't be the personal trainer I am without some support and tips for my boss Sean. When I came into the industry he had already been training a couple of years. He took me under his wing and always gave me feedback—good or constructive-- to help build what I am today.  That I am appreciative of! I would classify my style as aggressive… anyone who trains with me knows I don't baby anyone. I don't scream at you or put you down; but when you’re in my suite for 45 minutes I am going to get your very best! Most clients don't even think it's possible to do certain exercises but I make them believe in themselves first and then the result start coming. My favorite saying is "mind over matter". Apply it in what you do and you will surprise yourself. I can switch gears easily from HIIT to heavy resistance training. I enjoy it all. I love the fitness career.



Michael Roberto: What makes my training style unique is the interaction.  I do my best to make funny comments to distract the client from the monotony of exercise and make it more enjoyable.   



Adam Teplitz: As a personal trainer, I pride myself in having certain unique traits that encompass my personal training style.

The worst trainers in the world are the ones who constantly talk. Great trainers listen. I make sure to take the time to listen to my clients' feedback throughout the workout. If there is an exercise my clients like/dislike, I'll make adjustments to their fitness program accordingly.

Patience is one of the more vital traits that I have. Fitness is a journey. There are obstacles, frustrations and setbacks along the way. I take this into consideration with every client. One of the more difficult aspects of training is balancing patience with a motivating attitude. This is a skill I incorporate into every session.

As someone with a genuine, selfless side, I put myself in the shoes of all of my clients. I understand that beginning a fitness journey is anything but easy. My training style emphasizes the 'personal' in personal training.



AmandaRicci: My personal training style is unique in that a lot of the exercises that I design resemble functional movements, or movements that you engage in during everyday life.  For example, lifting a heavy box to place it on the shelf, shoveling snow, reaching under the car seat to grab an item that you misplaced, or reaching to the backseat to grab that bottle that your baby dropped, and many more. We move in more than one plane of motion (different directions).  From the time we are children we crawl; play hop scotch; red rover, red rover send Robby over; and climb on the jungle bars.  Therefore we are building and using more muscles.  As we age we are lucky if we walk forward or backward, and forget about walking side to side.  This is part of the reason why we stop gaining muscle and start losing it.  It is because our body stops using the muscles that we used when we were kids.  This leads not only to muscle loss but also increases your risk of injury.   It is imperative that we regain that muscle strength because I firmly believe that a body in motion stays in motion and once we stop moving it can lead to decrepit joints and muscles. Therefore, I take a functional movement approach to help individuals regain that strength and build muscle everywhere!!






© 2016 Fitness Together, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  


No comments:

Post a Comment