Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Trainer Tuesday: What is One of your Favorite Success Stories From a Client that you have Worked With?



Trainer Tuesdays

Welcome back to the weekly edition on Trainer Tuesdays. Make sure to check in at our blog every Tuesday evening to learn the expertise of our great staff. Aside from being fantastic exercise coaches, they are also extremely knowledgeable in many aspects of health and fitness; so, it's time that you get to know them a little better! Each week, we will post a frequently asked, or sometimes just a fun fitness related question followed by the answers of each of the trainers at Fitness Together Brecksville.


What is One of your Favorite Success Stories from a Client that you have Worked With?
  
http://www.fitnesstogetherbrecksville.net

Justin Traft: I would have to say one of my favorite stories from a client I trained was a client that I had trained since I started who had to fight through a lot to achieve where she is today with her fitness goals. Not because of just fitness in general or nutrition, but because she had been passed down some bad genes. She had back issues as well as hip problems. She even left FT Brecksville one time because she was feeling discouraged and said she couldn't do it anymore. I called her and asked her to come back, and I promised her that if she gave me all she had that I would give her everything I’ve got to make sure she smashes her goals. Years later she is still killing it. One day sticks out in my head… We were going through our workout for the day and she was having a rough workout . I kept asking her “are you okay?” as I saw pain on her face. She looked at me with a little tear in her eye and said “Justin I am not quitting! I am going to work threw this pain.” I told her “you motivate me and I don't have trouble being motivated.” I continued with “good because you and I have come too far to stop.  I am going be there every step of the way pushing you. We can do this.” She looked at me and smiled replying ”Thanks for not giving up on me.” I said “hey, you do all the hard work--- I am just here to guide you and motivate you.” This is definitely one my best stories that sticks out in my head.

Adam Teplitz: Out of the countless success stories I've been a part of, there's one that stands out amongst the rest. A client came to me suffering from bulimia and having never strength trained before. I told the client I was with them every step of the way. I took the initiative and read a book of theirs on bulimia to better understand what they were going through. We gradually progressed on their strength and were able to get their eating habits under control. Not only was there a physical transformation, but there was a positive transformation emotionally as well. It was extremely rewarding knowing I could have such a huge impact on their overall well-being.

Kelly Bailey: My recent entrance into the world of fitness means I don't have as much experience or success stories as others that have been in for many years. However, my thoughts immediately went to one client I worked with at FT who needed to undergo knee replacement surgery. She has been a dedicated client of FT for many years, and I had the privilege of working with her just prior to her surgery. Most knee surgery patients have to go through a lengthy recovery process that usually takes place in a rehabilitation facility. Because of this woman's dedication to working out several times per week leading up to her surgery, she was sent home within days of her knee replacement, and is now back on her feet and doing well! I am so grateful to have been able to work with her and truly see how fitness can benefit people in the real world.


Monika Cotter: Even though I am new to the personal training world, I love that I have helped my clients’ progress in ways that they may not even realize. I have a client that started working out at about the same time that I started working at Fitness Together. When she started, she could barely do a pushup on her knees and would lose her balance when doing a lunge. In just a few short months she can do a full push up and rocks her lunges! It is the small things that count. I am so proud of her and thankful that I get to be a part of helping people improve their lives. I cannot wait to keep learning, growing and helping people in this wonderful career.

Kerry Fairchild: To date, my biggest success story lies with an adolescent girl who needed to curb some unhealthy eating habits.  Her "Aha" moment (and mine) came after several appointments with mother, child and myself.  Her mom and I both knew she was really understanding what we were working on when she came in and described some "bad eating" behaviors she was noticing in her friends and starting sharing with them the importance of healthier choices.  "I told them, don't get another hotdog!  Those are bad for your heart!"  I could not have been more proud.  Kids are just AMAZING.

Steven Madden: Check back for Steven’s answer next week

Lisa Clark: When I decided to go into personal training, I knew I would enjoy the feeling of knowing I could help motivate people to workout and feel better, what I didn't know was how much more there is to being a personal trainer. Sometimes it's a matter of helping someone with rheumatoid arthritis gain a better quality of life! I realized that this summer when a client who I had been working closely with, returned from vacation and announced that she had one of the best experiences on her vacation because of her added endurance and the ability to walk up and down steep steps that had been too difficult for her in the past.  Seeing that joy in her eyes and knowing I had taken a part in giving her a better quality of life was very life changing for me as well!!

Bronson Rotaru: My favorite stories include seeing clients getting much more
confident with exercises and/or weight amounts that they used to feel intimidated by. The client doesn't notice the progress like the trainer does. Even if the weight amount doesn't progress quickly, often the mechanics and form improves so much.

Taynee Pearson: Check back for Taynee’s answer next week



© 2014 Fitness Together, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Fusionbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment