Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Trainer Tuesdays: What is your Favorite Thanksgiving Meal Food and how do you Plan for the Extra Calories?




Trainer Tuesdays

Welcome back to the weekly edition on Trainer Tuesdays. Make sure to check in at our blog every Tuesday evening to learn the expertise of our great staff. Aside from being fantastic exercise coaches, they are also extremely knowledgeable in many aspects of health and fitness; so, it's time that you get to know them a little better! Each week, we will post a frequently asked, or sometimes just a fun fitness related question followed by the answers of each of the trainers at Fitness Together Brecksville.


What is your Favorite Thanksgiving Meal Food and how do you Plan for the Extra Calories?

http://www.fitnesstogether.com/brecksville/nutrition
**Don't Forget to join us as we Burn The Bird on Thanksgiving morning. Meet at Fitness Together Brecksville at 8:00am for coffee, tea and group stretching before we hit the Brecksville Metroparks trail for a morning run and/or walk**

Kelly Bailey: I have to be honest in saying that I don't typically plan to compensate for calories consumed on Thanksgiving. The main reason is because I don't really find the food at the Thanksgiving meal all that special or tempting. I like turkey, could take or leave the mashed potatoes and gravy, and hardly consider pumpkin pie a dessert! I don't usually overdo the Thanksgiving meal. However, if you asked me the same question about Christmas, you'd get an entirely different answer. The cakes, cookies, and a few other family favorites are things I find irresistible, so I nearly always overeat at Christmas. I just make sure that I'm eating as clean as possible leading up to Christmas day. On Christmas day, I don't skimp on calories during the day, because that usually leads me to eat more at the main meal because I'm starving. I also normally do not work out on the day of a holiday, but I do try to take walks both before and after the main meal. Lastly, I go right back to my regular exercise and clean eating schedule the day after the holiday. Leftovers get fed to the dog and chickens!

https://www.facebook.com/FitnessTogetherBrecksvilleOhio/photos/a.570824189652841.1073741827.353711434697452/570826009652659/?type=3&theaterAdam Teplitz: If I had to choose just one thanksgiving food as a favorite, I'd have to go with stuffing. When it comes to balancing my calories out for it, I make it a priority to get in extra cardio earlier in the day and a strength training workout after. The cardio usually consists of a morning run and some thanksgiving football. As long as there's some sort of physical activity earlier in the day, I can indulge later in the day guilt free.


Monika Cotter: Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! I love getting together with family & friends to sit around playing games, cooking and watching football. Another reason why it is one of my favorite holidays is because I love green bean casserole! I love the crunchiness and the creaminess. Since Thanksgiving is an eating holiday (as most of them are) I always make sure that I eat light, healthy and clean in the days leading up to Thanksgiving; and I make sure I do some kind of workout in the morning. I try not to get too out of control at dinner. I put my fork and knife down between each bite and I always drink of glass of water right before we eat to help feel fuller faster. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!  

Bronson Rotaru: My favorite Thanksgiving foods are pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes. I don't eat whipped cream anymore so that helps with the calorie intake. I also use very little gravy with potatoes. I try to eat balanced and healthy year round so I don't panic about bringing in some extra calories from meals like Thanksgiving. I'm a believer in eating some junk here and there in order to stay with the goal of clean eating the majority of the time. It's a good idea to indulge sometimes. The key is to limit your snacks.


© 2014 Fitness Together, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Fusionbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment